Taxi_onomy is an urban mapping project and mobile cartographic research endeavour that seeks to re-appropriate the black taxi as the ultimate vehicle for psychogeography, based on its capacity for metro processing and spatial understanding. tax_ionomy will utilise the black taxi for the purposes of enabling artists and general public to create and utilise emotional, cognitive and networked maps of the city.
as a project it is intended as a multitude of things:
- a mobile psycho-geographical research unit for artists, cartographers and the general public
- a collective technical, social and political resource for artists, cartographers and general public
- a temporary appropriation of public space and public art experiment
- a portable structure potentially applicable to any locality
- a mobile gallery for display of its various experimentations
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Taxi_onomy:
The comments to this entry are closed.